Join in the fun!
The best event of the entire weekend:
Last year we had over 100 young triathletes participate in our kids triathlon. It was a blast watching the smiles of those kids cruising through course. If you have a beginner triathlete don’t let them miss this great event!
Date: Friday, August 2, 2013
Location: Lake Lauderdale County Park – Cambridge, NY
Start Time: 6:15 PM
Fees: Kids Race $25.00, $10.00 USAT
Sanctioned By: USAT (annual Membership at www.usatriathlon.org)
Race Day Registration/Packet Pick Up: 4:30-6:00pm
*T-Shirts Guaranteed to Pre Registered Athletes*
- Race day registration and Packet pick-up will be Friday, August 2 from 4:30-6:00 PM.
- Mandatory Race Meeting 6:15pm Race to follow. Racers will leave in waves.
- All racers must be on 2 wheels. Training wheels permitted, but no tricycles.
- All pre registetered athletes will receive a race shirt. Only pre-registered registrants are guaranteed exact sizing.
- T-Shirts will be available to race day registrants if available.
- The park will be closed to all traffic from 6:00-7:15, for the safety of all the kids on the course.
- The Youth Junior’s race will start at approximately 6:15 after the Mandatory Race Meeting and the Youth Senior race will immediately follow.
- No parents/spectators are allowed in the transition area. If your child needs help with their shoes or helmets there will be volunteers in the transition area to help
- Life jackets are permitted. Please note that “most” kids can touch the entire length of the swim course and there are lifeguards all along the swim course.
- All youth ages 17 and under are required to be annual USAT members to compete in sanctioned events. The cost of an annual youth membership is $5 per year. (a one day permit can be purchased when signing up on line for the race or you can sign them up on line at www.usatriathlon.org.)
- Training wheels are permitted on the bike course.
- There will be no tricycles or “Big Wheels” permitted.
- All athletes must wear a helmet on the bike course!
- The SWIM is an oval loop with several volunteers and life guards the entire way. Athletes will be able to stand at any point of the race for safety.
- The BIKE is an out and back on a closed road. Athletes will be required to slow themselves at each turn around for safety.
- The RUN is on an out and back on a closed road. There will be cones marking where to go and when to turn around.
The Mandatory Meeting will confirm each course and any changes that have been made from previous years. There will be a course map provided for each athlete at packet pick up. It is the athletes responsibility to know the course. There will be plenty of volunteers to ensure a safe and fun race.
Youth Junior (5-10): 50 yard swim, 2.4mile Bike, .5mile Run
Youth Senior (11-15): 100 yard swim, 5mile Bike, 1mile Run
The age group of a participant will be determined by age on Dec. 31 of the event year, not by age on race day. The age up rule applies to youth events. USA Triathlon requires age group divisions:
Specific Age Groups: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15 in Youth Designated Events
The kids race has grown to be one of the most exciting parts of our triathlon weekend. Last year was our second year of having the kids’ race on Friday evening and what a success it was! The course was lined with spectators and athletes cheering on our future triathletes. It was so much fun to watch the smiling faces go cruising by. We encourage you to bring your children and their friends to give the sport a “tri”. The course is set up for beginner triathletes.
As an extra bonus, participants in Saturday’s race can pick up their packets that night. So, bring the kids along and join in the fun!
The 2012 Fronhofer Tool Kids Triathlon is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event. Therefore, all USAT rules will be in effect. A complete listing of the USAT rules can be read online at www.usatriathlon.org